DHANALAKSHmi Srinivasan Hospitals’ General Surgery Department deals with the routine surgical procedures and also provide surgical treatment for a wide range of health conditions including appendicitis (appendectomy), hernias, block dissection of lymph nodes, inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, abdominal hernia and hernia developing as a complication of previous abdominal surgeries (incisional hernia). Our experienced general and laparoscopic surgeons perform challenging and complicated surgeries to treat life-threatening health conditions of intestines, stomach, liver, abdomen, neck and chest. The general surgery department offer several surgical procedures on a short-term admission basis. Following a day care procedure, the patient can return home the same day after a recovery period.
- Breast biopsy
- Surgery for benign tumours and cysts
- Surgery for female and male breast diseases
- Surgery for fibroadenoma of breast
- Thyroid surgery (total thyroidectomy)
- Head and neck surgery
- Surgery for breast tuberculosis and breast abscess
- Surgery for infective lesions
- Surgeries for pilonidal cyst, fistula in anus, fissures in anus, haemorrhoids, hydrocele and tumours of testes
- Breast cancer surgery (mastectomy)
The Department of General Surgery at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Hospitals also extent its services for the active management of diabetic foot diseases.
- Treatment is offered for the management of diabetic infection of foot
- Diabetic foot gangrene treatment
- Rehabilitation of diabetic foot patients with palliative care by expert Physiotherapist and rehabilitation team