The Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Hospital , Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences deals with a broad range of psychiatric problems ranging from stress, anxiety, bereavement, sleep disorders, insomnia, personality disorders, relationship problems and depression to severe and enduring illnesses like Schizophrenia, bipolar illness and many more such conditions. Our Department of Psychiatric and Behavioural Sciences is committed to offering treatments for psychiatric conditions by encompassing all procedures standard in psychiatric practice.
Psychiatric problems and health issues have major impact on life. People from different walks of life at some point in their life may experience mental health issues. Our psychiatrists have experience of working in some of the reputed national and international institutes and managing a broad spectrum of psychiatric conditions. They incorporate their skills, knowledge and expertise in evaluating and managing psychiatric problems. Our Psychiatry department provide its services to all age group people – ranging from children, teenagers, adolescents, men, women to the elderly people.
The mission of our department is to pay the way for transformational change and social good. Our consultants, psychiatrists, psychologists, faculties and therapists are very passionate about their service because they believe that they are contributing significantly to humanity by improving the health and lessening the burdens of thousands of mentally ill patients.
We envision a better world – wherein our children, adults and elders live each day with mental peace, harmony and enrichment. Our experts with hands-on experience in dealing with the most challenging and intriguing cases – consult, counsel and provide psychotherapy to our patients to strengthen them and make them tough to face life’s inevitable challenges. Our aim is to create a path for a better future.
Conditions We Treat
Our psychiatrists treat many conditions including but not restricted to the following:
- Relationship problems
- Sleep Disorders & Insomnia
- Personality disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Perinatal mood and anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Impulse control disorders
- Family problems
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Schizo-affective disorders
- Alcohol and drug dependence
- Smoking cessation
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Women’s mental health: post-partum depression, post-partum psychosis, premenstrual dysmorphic disorder
CHILD & ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY
- Eating Disorders
- Attachment problems
- Sibling rivalry
- Mood Disorders in Children
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Behavioural issues
- Exam/relationship stress
- Developmental Disorders like Autism and ADHD-attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
We do assessment, consultation and Diagnosis and provide treatment incorporating all aspects of standard psychiatric practices.
- Medication therapy
- Relationship Counselling
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behaviour therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)